15 Tips To Boost Your SMS Marketing Campaigns
If you are attempting to market your product at the global level and grow your business, you have got no choice other than to connect to your audience on mobile devices via SMS. This is wherever your customers are as mobile usage is currently surpassing other channels worldwide.
Whether it’s advertising, mobile banner ads, ads that appear in video games, or QR codes, there is no shortage of methods for getting the word out to mobile consumers.
SMS Marketing is another important one of these strategies being used. It’s an affordable, high-return marketing system that uses text messaging to convey content or offers to customers. There are many reasons to try it out, from its relatively low starting cost to the fact that the vast majority of texts are actually opened, read, and more importantly, engaged with. When used properly, it creates an effective platform for communicating with mobile customers.
Below are a number of effective messaging ways, which without a doubt will raise response rates.
15 Tips to improve your SMS marketing
- Offer incentives: Grab your customer’s attention by giving coupons or deals through a text messaging channel. This makes customers feel they’re a part of a secret club or community.
- Keep your message short and sweet: Over 85% of all SMS messages are read within an interval of three minutes, making it an intimate way to connect with your customers. With solely 160 characters to use, ensure your message is to-the-point and delivers high value so your customer is motivated to respond positively.
- Have a clear call to action: Two factors drive an SMS campaign: the keyword and another is shortcode. While sending a promotional message, it is highly advised not to ramble and get to the point directly and make the CTA as direct and as persuasive as possible.
- Integrate MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service): If you have got a tough time with the 160-character limit, use MMS to send video clips or pictures to your customers. You can even add YouTube URLs, giving your customers a visual experience regarding your business.
- Make contests interactive: When customers enter a contest or opt-in, include your website or social media links in your automated reply. It’s an easy and fast way to connect customers to your numerous pages, enticing them to click on the links.
- Encourage your customers via texts: Text messages will prod your users to share your social media links. The best advertising is by word of mouth, and award your prime referrers with a special deal or freebie product.
- Create a sense of urgency: Including an expiration date in a text message encourages customers to reply quicker, serving you to win results or gain data as quickly as possible.
- If texting a proposal to your customers, make it exclusive: Include the actual fact that the deal is being offered to any or all VIP text customers and make them feel they are important. If the offer is for anyone, then being a subscriber becomes less appealing.
- Use SMS to connect to your social media: Promote any contests or sweepstakes you are giving on your social media pages through the texts you send your customers. You can interact with them further through those pages, but it is advised to use this channel to direct them there.
- Ask questions or send surveys: Ask customers their opinion on a product or plan, or perhaps if you must launch a business page on a brand new social media platform. Once you have received responses, text them to your customers or post the results on one of your social media pages and direct your subscribers to it.
- Send an SMS as a follow-up to an Email: Your customers usually receive each of those messages on their mobile device currently, boosting response rates. Sending a text as a follow-up to an email has proven beneficial for those who employ it.
- Send SMS at the right time: Aim for the time your customers will not be busy, like before and after work and during lunch hours. As a general rule, send texts between 9 am and 9 pm.
- Engage a younger audience: Getting in touch with millennials and the Gen Z category does help in widening the customer base. It is mainly these two categories that prefer text messaging over calling.
- Ask customers about their preferences: Inquire as to when they would really like to receive messages and what data they need. Then simply customize your SMS campaign according to their needs and requirements.
- Personalize the texts: Customers respond more to materials addressed directly to them, thus insert your subscribers’ names once you can. You can also target your client with additional relevant texts supporting their preferences. Like any methodology of marketing to your customers, the longer you pay honing your skills, the additional interaction you may elicit from your community. If you’re ready to work on your response rates, bulk sms will help you learn more about where your company stands right now. Your analytics ought to assist you with goal setting, understanding your business as it stands, and working out wherever you want it to be.