6 Best SMS Marketing Practices to Follow
The market for Short Message services i.e. SMS is booming. As per one report, about 73% of US adults send text messages. It has been learned confirmed that people in the U.S. prefer more and more SMS over voice calls. Such facts and figures send a signal to existing entrepreneurs to not look away from opportunities offered by Bulk SMS marketing.
Mass text message advertising and marketing is also a fairly used advertising and marketing medium. To entirely leverage the strength of this superb advertising channel, it is essential for businesses to observe certain guidelines. Read on to know more:
Follow these 6 SMS Marketing Practices:
1. Get Permission: Begin by having customers decide. It’s necessary to make sure the consumer has agreed to receive text messages from you by way of prior keyword opt-in or web opt-in. Getting permission is one of the most secure preferences to build a treasured bulk SMS database. Make it easy for clients to join your SMS marketing list. And make sure they are aware of how frequently to receive messages from you.
2. Use a simple code: It’s a widely accepted notion to always work with an easy-to-memorize brief code. You do not choose it as a pain for your customers to be mindful of your code. Small companies can find it highly-priced to gather committed brief codes. Sharing codes with non-competitors can assist in such cases.
3. Keep the message direct: Avoid the temptation of including unnecessary information in the 160-character message. A high-quality promotional SMS simply lets the customer comprehend “what’s in for them”. Most successful ones use easy, plain language employing popular texting shortcuts to avoid ambiguity. Brevity is the key.
4. Keep the message relevant: The relevancy thing cannot be over-emphasized. Even if you come up with the most creative ad copy, it does not count if it’s not applicable to your customer. Segmentation and targeting come into the picture here. Take into account predominant demographics and your target whilst crafting your SMS message.
5. Keep it personal: SMS marketing presents a unique way to build a long-lasting relationship with your customers via customized messages. Using the subscriber’s first name in your SMS message is a fantastic way to make your customers feel necessary, distinctive, and valuable.
6. Time it: And even if you shape the most creative, relevant, thrilling SMS message ever, it would not be counted if it is not timed right. A text message dispatched throughout the day while human beings are busy may not get the equal response as one dispatched at an opportune time. Are messages sent in the early morning or late-night texts effective? Timings depend on the characteristics/preferences of your target audience. Continual testing for timing is an ideal way to find the “right” time.
MUST-READ: Tips To boost SMS Marketing Business
Sending Bulk SMS is best for harnessing the energy of the “local” market. Location-based advertising is a booming industry already. A simple google search shows that close to 90% of searches are for nearby businesses. Mobile SMS marketing is an excellent way to get in touch with clients and provide them with instant value.
With SMS advertising and marketing it is vital to see the “big picture”.
When companies send bulk SMS online, it may not always result in a sale. However, and very importantly, it is a section of the big plot. Bulk SMS advertising may additionally be used for generating leads, public relations, or consumer education. Remember: never lose the center of attention of your purpose for sending out an SMS.