Using Bulk SMS Services by Colleges & Universities
Communication is essential when you run a school, college, or university. It is important that you can provide vital information to parents and students when needed and often in the short term. Traditional contact methods, such as sending a letter home, and contacting the parents by phone or by e-mail, all have their drawbacks.
Information sent by mail or sent at home with students can often be delayed, received too late, and in some cases intercepted by the student if it contains unwanted news. Phone calls are also unreliable because parents are often at work or just too busy to answer the phone. E-mails can be read too late and even blocked by spam filters. This is why a bulk sms service can be the perfect communication tool.
You can quickly create a message that is then delivered to the parents ‘or pupils’ handset within a few seconds of being sent. Nowadays, almost everyone always carries their phone wherever they go, and the chances of the sender’s message being opened and, if necessary, read are very high.
Here are Just a Few Ways You Can Use a Bulk SMS Service:
The Parent Scheme:
- Give reminders with details about upcoming events, such as plays at school, annual functions, and parent-teacher meetings. These messages can be specifically adapted to the parents of a certain class or year group.
- Send important information in the short term, such as school closures due to weather conditions, cancellations of sports days, or cancellations of other upcoming events.
- Notify parents of changes to the school website or links to which they have access for more information.
- Set up a voting system to choose new school directors or to vote on other issues that affect the school.
- Notifications about rank, newsletters, and other important information can be sent immediately.
The Student Scheme:
- Inform students of the expected dates for exams to be conducted. Term dates, assessment collection points, and other important information can also be conveyed via SMS.
- Encourage students to make appointments with their teachers, register for academic events, or participate in mandatory meetings.
- Provide links where students can access their grades or information regarding their course.
- Send out information about studies that participants require and details about how to register.
- Sharing about societies such as AGMs, club information, and other important data is also possible via the highly sought-after channel of SMS.
Go to our website for more information about the bulk sms services that we at SMSala offer.